One minute Wildcard

(0 seconds)

As she was crying over his corpse, he suddenly came alive. Startled she was, for a moment.

(5 seconds)

She pulled him by his shirt and shouted, “Mannnn… how could you ever leave me..?!?! How would I have missed youuu !!“ And kept shaking him with teary eyes.

(10 seconds)

“It's just a minute extra blessed for me dear, and all I want to tell you is this — I really love you . Yes, I take this one minute, granted extra to me by divine blessing, to tell you this-- I love you and I love you so so much. “ Saying this, he hugged her tight.

(20 seconds)

She drew blank for a few seconds and slowly imbibed what he just said. She could understand everything now, and did not know what to do.

(30 seconds)

She hugged him tight as well with more tears , a mixture of happiness and sorrow. After a few seconds, she freed herself from him.

(40 seconds)

She now kissed him deep into his lips and he too understood her feel and reciprocated the act. It looked to them that a few years passed by in those moments.

(50 seconds)

There he lay, in her lap, as they both realised, that they have very short while more. They both plainly, yet with a smile, stared into each other's faces, as though they had never seen each other, as though they wanted register the other's face for ever in mind. In a few seconds, a mild tear fell off from her eyes and met his face to bid him good-bye.
His eyes closed.

(60 seconds)

Today, after around a decade, as she lives with her son's family, she still wonders if it was all real ,or just her daydream on the dAy her husband passed !!


If you like this story, please like this page Living room of Sree to get notified of further stories.

PS:
* This story was my answer to a question in Quora that asked for a short story on one minute extra life.
*Thanks Prabhu SP for suggesting a good title.



Comments